New Food Database Beta:
- New in-house food database is now available for search in a beta capacity. To try the new database, you can opt in to the beta via the Food Logger settings.
- New beta food logger search is more typo tolerant, 2-4 times faster, backed by regionally distributed servers, and armed with intelligence that surfaces better results for your queries.
- New beta also expands on the variety of serving options, deriving when possible: grams, pounds, ounces, milliliters, cups, fluid ounces, teaspoons, and tablespoons.
- The new database used for search includes a greater number of branded foods with extensive support for the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and more.
- The new database has a broader common food coverage with rich micronutrient data, including results from NCC Food and Nutrient Database, a “premier food and nutrient database that is relied on heavily by the scientific community.”
- The beta includes new food icons that make for a cleaner dark mode experience.
Patches & Bug Fixes:
- Resolves issues introduced by date localization in 1.2.0.
- Resolves issue with weight value editing for custom foods created via copy to custom.
This is the first in a series of changes coming your way as part of the food logging revamp we have been working on. Keep in mind that the new food database is still in Beta, and while we have done our due diligence, you may encounter some wrinkles along the way.If you do brave the new database, let us know how it goes and what you think about the new food search results. We are very excited about the interface and workflow changes that will follow.